Personalized Risk Assessment/ Genetic Counseling is right for you if:
- You have been diagnosed with any cancer and your physician feels that genetic testing can guide your healthcare management.
- You have a significant family history of cancer and your physician would like a formal risk assessment.
- You have a personal or family history of a genetic condition or suspect genetic condition which you would like to discuss.
- You or a family member have had genetic testing which you would like to discuss the results in order to understand your own risks.
- Your physician has recommended genetic counseling.
- Your physician is recommending genetic testing for cancer, neurologic, cardiac or other conditions, and you and your physician could use assistance in testing considerations, in identifying the most appropriate testing and in understanding your genetic testing eligibility.
- Please allow up to one hour for your appointment.
Informed Consent or Test Results Disclosure is right for you if:
- You have decided to have genetic testing after genetic counseling.
- We have notified you that the results of your genetic testing are in.
- Clients who need Results Discussion and who have not have prior genetic counseling with Genetic Counseling Services should schedule a one hour appointment of Personalized Ris Assessment and complete the forms through our secure website.
- Allow up to 35 minutes for discussion.
Customized Research for either Individuals or Institutions is right for you if:
- You need genetic counseling for discussion of genetic testing that you had through a direct to consumer company such as ancestry.com or 23andme.
- You don't have a personal medical issue that qualifies you for the usual insurance-covered genetic counseling appointment yourself, however you would like to speak to a genetic counselor about an issue in the family or friend for genetic discussion.
- You have a concern that requires research of a genetics nature that falls outside of what can be offered through a genetic counseling session.
- You are an insurance company medical director who has had a courtesy initial discussion, and you now wish to formally make a request for research.
- You are a hospital administrator or clinic coordinator and have had courtesy discussions about establishing a cancer or other on-site clinic and you now would like to formally request assistance in coordinating the logistics of a genetics clinic, to enhance your hospital service. Non-hospital services are also eligible.